Buying a condominium seems to be a good idea these days. City Condos are great as second homes and also qualify highly as a potential source for long or short-term rentals. However, like any other piece of property, people should seriously take into account some important factors which affect the “livability”, equity and resale value, and maintenance of your property. Continue reading “What You Need to Know Before Buying a Condo Unit”
Tag: Colorado real estate
SHOULD I HIRE A LITTLETON COLORADO BUYER’S AGENT?
SHOULD I HIRE A LITTLETON COLORADO BUYER’S AGENT?
The purchase of a home is one of the most complex, high-risk, and expensive transactions most people will ever go through, yet approximately half of Denver County home buyers go to the closing table without an advocate by their side working with them. This startling research performed in separate studies by the National Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of Exclusive Buyer’s Agents, shows that many buyers do not understand the importance of having an advocate. Without someone representing their interests, how will these buyers ever know if they found the right home at the right price? The Denver housing market is huge and so is the price spectrum. Mention this article and Nicholas Bowman will provide a rebate to you upon closing should you become our client! Amount of rebate is dependent upon purchase price.
If you are an unrepresented buyer in Littleton Colorado, here are five reasons why you should hire a Littleton Buyer’s Agent:
1. BUYER’S AGENTS lower your risk. When you have a Littleton Buyer’s Agent as an advocate, you share some of the risk of home buying with your agent. Otherwise, its buyer beware. Incredibly, many areas including Denver and Littleton do not have laws or regulatory bodies in place that protect homebuyers in many situations. If you have a BUYER’S AGENT as your advocate, we will make recommendations that will assure that you are buying a home that is safe, environmentally sound and priced fairly according to the current Denver housing marketplace.
2. BUYER’S AGENTS have information you don’t have. Denver Multiple Listing Service data entry can take from one to 10 days, depending on the listing agent, his or her broker, and the rules and technology of the Metrolist. By the time the home is posted on the Internet, it could already be sold, so when you shop for homes on the Internet, you may not be seeing the most current Denver housing inventory. That’s why House Calls Realty networks with the local neighbors and brokers. We will tell other agents about you and your wish list in exchange for information about upcoming homes for sale which are not yet in the MLS or the Internet. Many Denver area homes are bought and sold this way without a sign ever going into the yard. If you want to be the buyer positioned to make first and best offers on these desirable homes, hire House Calls Realty.
3. BUYER’S AGENTS understand the current Littleton and Denver real estate market. We have invaluable house-by-house, street-by-street, and market-by-market experience which CANNOT be learned overnight. BUYER’S AGENTS who have weathered the pendulum swing between buyers’ and sellers’ markets know that the real estate market can turn abruptly. Rising and falling interest rates affect the number of available homes for sale and their prices within weeks or days. All it takes is the entrance or exit of a major employer (Federal Express, Intel, Lockheed Martin etc.) and hundreds of homes in a neighborhood can be affected. Or perhaps you are military and just got transferred away from, or to, the Buckley area. We can help you with home buying strategies and proposals that will get the right house at the best price and terms for the Denver or Aurora area.
4. BUYER’S AGENTS understand the ins and outs of the home buying process.
Less than 15 years ago, a home could be bought with a two-page contract. Now consumer-mandated seller’s disclosures, environmental and structural reports, and other legal documents have turned the home transfer into a potential minefield. As BUYER’S AGENTs, we work with up to date Colorado contracts daily, and can fully understand which points are harmful and/or beneficial to you. We a required to take annual contract update classes to understand the terms and conditions that effect the out come of the agreements. From helping you make a reasonable offer in one of the several Denver area neighborhoods, to providing for the discovery and disclosure of material facts, we can also correctly interpret information for you.
5. BUYER’S AGENTS don’t cost anything! Many potential homebuyers in Denver are unaware that the seller pays the fees for a buyer’s agent. Some people will argue that if you enter a contract without a buyer’s agent then you can get the seller (or builder) to lower his price by a commensurate amount. The problem is the homebuyer has no idea if that is a good deal or not. What good is saving a 3% commission for the seller if you made an offer 10% over current Denver market price? Whose word are you going to take, the seller, the seller’s agent or an agent that is on YOUR team?
Contact House Calls Realty today to work for you as your Littleton buyer’s agent or inquire about Buyer Agency.
Renovating Your Victorian Home
Victorian properties are exceptionally rich in ornate architecture, elegant proportions and intricate detailing. They were built to be noticed and admired. So if you are planning to renovate your own Victorian home then read on for some tips on how to make the very most of this influential period in decor and design.
DECORATE IN STYLE
There are many hallmark features of Victorian décor. Historic and anaglypta wallpapers with bold colours and patterns became the definitive wall colouring to use; patterns with floral, large leaf motifs and diamonds were common. Victorian walls usually had three different sections and were divided by a dado and a picture rail. Continue reading “Renovating Your Victorian Home”
An Appropriate Lampshade Can Complement the Décor of Your Room
Utility of a lampshade
A fixture which is used to cover the light bulb on a lamp to diffuse the light it emits can be termed as a lampshade. It can also be termed as the glass hung under many designs of ceiling lamp. It is an inexpensive way to add color or to help to tie your décor design together. It contains both decorative and functional benefits and it is a very significant aspect while choosing the furnishings of your home. It is very important to know that a nicely designed lampshade can enhance the look and feel of any room. Besides, it can improve the light needed to serve the function of the room. In fact choosing a poor lampshade can make your room look dull and dim. In fact it is very important to decide on the dimensions and functional aspects of a lampshade in order to ensure that your room looks bright and beautiful and you have a perfect decoration.
Continue reading “An Appropriate Lampshade Can Complement the Décor of Your Room”
Increase your Home’s Value with a Bathroom Worthy of a Showroom
In the real estate world you’ll hear the common refrain of ‘location, location, location’ time and again. And while it’s true that where the home is located has a strong bearing on its appeal and potential selling price, the place has to be attractive as well.
Continue reading “Increase your Home’s Value with a Bathroom Worthy of a Showroom”