Indoor home water features are an enticing design choice for any homeowner. The gentle trickle or moderate stream along with the visual power of a beautiful water design make this interior decor option appealing on many levels.
If you feel the pull to incorporate water features into your home, there is no reason not to take the plunge as long as you approach this potential project realistically. The following are a few matters to consider before committing to an indoor oasis, rather than a mere mirage.
- Space Matters. Just like Goldilocks, you need to figure out the size of your water display that is just right. Even your home space is small, select a display size that it is easily seen and identified by your guests.
- Complement Your Decor. Make sure that your water display and the room where it will be placed complement one another. Ensuring that they work together organically helps shore up the feeling of serenity, comfort and relaxation. Something to keep in mind is whether you have your heart set on a contemporary, classical or country charm design in the room where your water feature will be placed.
- Maintain Your Water Decor. No matter what type of water decor you choose, it’s important to keep it in good working order so you don’t have to endure any droughts…or floods. Once you purchase your ideal water exhibit and install it — or have it installed– the responsibility of keeping it tuned up falls upon your shoulders as the homeowner so you want to learn as much as possible about valves and filters or keep a maintenance expert’s telephone number handy.
- Don’t Dive in Too Deep or Too Shallow. If you’re bound by a specific budget, stick to it. Choose a quality aquatic piece to accentuate the beauty of your room and to create just the effect you desire. Consider the water’s sound and the appearance and purchase the product with the best design and materials that you can afford. By doing so, you will enjoy your display far more than something less expensive bought to fill more space.
Fluid Ideas to Get Your Project Streaming
You are about to embark upon a fantastic voyage bound for peace and serenity through a water-based exhibit right in your own home. Just think about it: you can enjoy the sound of a cascading waterfall alongside a crackling fire on a cozy winter’s evening.
Take a look at the ideas below.
- Wall Fountains. You will find a large variety of these unique fountain pieces to suit your style, taste and any room’s interior design features. In addition to having a natural appearance and beautiful sounds, wall fountains are easy to install and come with a booklet and an instructional DVD so you can do it yourself if you choose to.
- Water Walls. If you have a large space and really want to make an impact, water walls are beautiful and really make a room stand out and add a sense of grandeur.
No matter what type of water display you’re looking to add to your home, you’ll be able to enjoy it for years if you choose a quality piece and learn to maintain it.